Scan Explained (well, a slightly better explanation at least)


Ok - so I posted this picture on Wednesday last week.  Technically I posted this same picture TWICE in the same post because I thought I was given two different scan pictures.  yea, I missed that one. Totally WRONG! (The Friends reference with Rachel is totally appropriate here!)

Today I learned from listening to Summer and her nurse Rachel that there are 2 scans in this one image.  The image on the left was taken last week on Wednesday- June 22nd.  The image on the right was taken April 22nd, before treatment started.  

So we went from THIS:

April 22, 2022 scan

TO THIS: 
June 22, 2022 scan 


And while I still don't completely understand what I am looking at here, the reduction of the black smudgy section in the two images is comparably less and more importantly when medical professionals look at these images, they get SUPER EXCITED & HAPPY - which in turn makes us SUPER EXCITED & HAPPY! ;) 

Comments

Post a Comment

PLEASE NOTE if you post as Anonymous, please put your name in your message so Summer knows who is writing the comment. Thank you so much for your comment! Summer will be notified each time someone makes a comment. xoxo Team Summer

Popular posts from this blog

One Year Cancerversary

Summer is OFFICIALLY CANCER FREE!!

Finally time for a HAIRCUT!