Thursday - Cycle 2 Starts TODAY (Day 1 Cycle 2)
![]() |
| Headed out to start Cycle TWO |
Today's Schedule:
- 6:50am Bloodwork
- 7:30am Meet with nurse - pre chemo prep
- 8:00 Chemo Transfusion
Bob and Summer headed out at 5:30am to go into Dana Farber. After bloodwork, she was given a backpack that will house the chemo packs. She wants to decorate it - and needs suggestions.
NOTES:
Day five, Monday, arrive an hour early to get 1 liter of fluids.
Plan on 2.5 hour - 3.0 hour infusion (once it starts)
Day three appt (Saturday) will be adjusted based on todays start.
Lots of fluids. All the time.
Also, toilet is going to be ‘hazardous’ after summer uses it. Because chemo meds are excreted in urine and stool. So, don’t use the toilet she uses or be sure to clean it each time. They make the excrement seem kinda toxic. And it will be day 1 through day 8
"How about a commode that I'll stick in the upstairs sitting room. I won’t miss a moment of shark tank for pooping bc the toilet will be in the room!" ~Summer
“I brought up the topic again and I think she kinda looked at me like I was overreacting/beating a dead horse. I had to say, “we are just looking for something that we can do. while you’re over here curing cancer, we want to help by cleaning a toilet. So, like mr clean or a Clorox wipe?”
She’s like, “it’s not really that big of a deal, it’s mostly because men usually miss and pee all over everything. You won’t be having a problem”"~Bob
Cycle three, the bonkers med that is delivered day five will be introduced on day 1
| Summer in waiting prep |
| Making additional appointments |
![]() |
| Summer's new backpack for meds |
| just waiting around... |
She also got her prescription for her wig today. Technically called a Scalp Prothesis.


Can't wait for you to get home! ;)
ReplyDeleteYou did great today, Summer! Cycle 1 officially over - 1 down 5 to go! #kerplunk
ReplyDeleteSomeone is amazing cool looking and gorgeous in her blue Scalp Prothesis.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Pops! She really looks amazing, doesn't she?
Delete